I think I did pretty good on my goals for this month; I did lag behind on my sewing goal but that’s because the sewing project is much too advanced for my level. I think I’ve made good progress on it and need one more weekend to get it done. No I’m not telling you what it is till I finish it :)
February 28, 2010
I picked this sketch from the sketch challenge at SCS – SC 213. It was so much fun to work with and somehow everything just fell into place! :) I’m glad I used an image from a swap that I received long back.
Supplies: DCWV PP, Bazzill CS, autumn leaves buttons, felt, nestabilities, stardust stickles, grosgrain ribbon, prismacolor pencils, OMS
February 27, 2010
This sketch was so easy to work with – loved doing it. You can see the challenge at CPS 155.
I put some liquid pearls on the ribbon as it was looking too vacant without it.
Supplies: DCWV CS, Textiles EF, flower, liquid pearl, button, corner rounder punch.
February 26, 2010
I’d been thinking of using my vellum CS for a long time. Such is human nature – last Sept/Oct I bought 2 sheets of vellum CS and I haven’t used even one of them since. So I was thinking to myself that I’ll look for some inspiration using vellum when the SCS newletter that I received this week had a pointer to this stained glass technique. Albeit beautiful, I wouldn’t say that my result looks like stained glass; it has a frosted look and I’m happy with the way it is. For once I didn’t end up with a mess when trying a new technique.
The image is stamped in pigment ink and then embossed with clear EP. The coloring is done on the reverse with markers.
A more closer look to show the embossing
February 19, 2010
I wanted to force myself into making a masculine card and at the same time I was bent over making a stand-up card so I thought why not combine the two into one! After all men should also get a chance to get some unique cards :)
Many people would gawk at the use of red color in a masculine card but I…nah! I think men shouldn’t be given a break from all those boring dull colors! :)
I got this image in a swap long back and the sentiment too.
Supplies: DCWV and Bazzill CS, white brads, copper eyelet, prismacolor pencils, OMS
February 13, 2010
One of my inspirations to buy the oval nestabilities was to create Becca Feeken’s style of cards – with the oval being the focal point and having some text; but ever since I bought them I didn’t get the chance to do that. So when I saw the caardvarks challenge I thought to myself – Now that would be a perfect opportunity to create such a card. Deciding on the colors was a breeze, surprisingly! Then the PP fell into place and I realized that for once I’ve some stamps that match the PP so I HAD to use them – I clear embossed with them; and hence the CS was embossed :). I really like the card that resulted!
Supplies: DCWV CS and PP, Jolies Fleurs, clear EP, tonic corner rounder punch, oval nestabilities..
February 12, 2010
Call it a buggy or baby carriage or anything else – it’s as sweet with any other name! :) I simply love how it turned out. It’s prettier than I imagined it to be – isn’t it?!?!? Ok time to give the due credit, I got the idea from here. Initially I thought I was inspired from it but after I finished it and looked at my inspiration again – I realized that I’d almost CASE’d it! CASE’d or not – it is cute!
I used the largest nestabilities circle (large) die to make the frame. I stamped the wheel with versamark using PTI Guidelines two stamp set and then clear embossed. The center is accentuated with liquid pearls.
Supplies: DCWV PP, Wasau CS, PTI Guidelines two, grosgrain ribbon, clear EP, liquid pearls, scallop scissors, nestabilities.
February 5, 2010
I was working on this emboss resist background when I read on Nichole’s blog the new challenge that they’re introducing the technique for today was guess what – emboss resist! So I decided to finish my card and enter it into the challenge which has a deadline of tomorrow morning!! I’m glad I could finish it before that! Here’s the PTI Emboss resist challenge.
I wanted to keep the card simple and highlight the background. The background was made by first stamping the paisleys using Versamark, then embossing with clear EP and finally sponging using green and blue inks.
Supplies: Jolies Fleurs, prima flowers, dew drop, ribbon, versamark, clear EP, versacolor inks
Pink, glitter, rhinestones and pearls – that sums up what a girl wants! I started this card with the intention of entering a challenge that called for a circular card but was late for it so I decided to let it take its own twist! Then my goal was to make a monochromatic card and seeing so much of pink, I thought why not add all the feminine touch that I can add. So out came my liquid pearls (one of my latest possessions), stickles, rhinestone and ribbon!
Even though I’m late, I’ll still send it to the challenge at Lizzie Anne Designs.
The paisleys are embossed with clear EP.
Supplies: Wasau and Bazzill CS, Jolies Fleurs stamp set, ribbon, flower, brad, liquid pearls, stardust stickles, clear EP.