June 26, 2012

Penny Black after a long time…

I adore penny black images but had stopped using them because I wasn’t having a good luck with the clear stamps. However I couldn’t resist any further and decided to give them another try! Sorry about the blurry image…didn’t know that the macro function was off on the camera when I took the photo


Stamped the image in Brilliant Black. Colored using prismacolor pencils and OMS. Sponged the panel with Broken China distress ink. Stamped the sentiment using memento black and cut it out. Popped the panel on dimensions and then the sentiment on top of it. The two glasses are also popped up but thanks to the blurry photo they’re hardly visible. Added some Crystal stickles to the hearts.

  • Stamps: Penny Black Good Catch and hero Arts Cuckoo
  • Paper: PTI
  • Others: Memento black, Brilliant black, broken china distress ink, crystal stickles, prismacolor pencils, OMS.

June 18, 2012

A stamping project finally!

Wasn’t this a largely stamping blog?!?! So where did all the stamping projects disappear all of a sudden? Well that’s the beauty of creativity – you never know where it goes!

Finally here’s a card I made using my good old stamping supplies…I’m sure they were a bit jealous of vinyl and other stuff that was so popular with my hands lately!


Stamped Text-it in white on Smokey Shadow and the flower in black on white CS. Colored the flower using distress inks. Dotted the center with liquid pearls and tapped it from the back to avoid the pointy hills of liquid pearl. Stamped and embossed the sentiment on smokey shadow. Cut it out with nestabilities oval. Punched a hole and threaded the twine. adhered the flower to the center and the sentiment on it’s side, using pop dots. Doodled a frame with Diamond stickles.

  • Paper: PTI Smokey Shadow, White
  • Stamps: Hero Arts Blossom Art, WMS Text it, PTI Out on a limb
  • Diamond stickles, memento tuxedo black, liquid pearl opal, twine, Pallette white ink, Distress Inks – Spicy Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Barn Door.

June 15, 2012

Ribbon flowers

I’d made a ribbon flower following this tutorial and it had been lying around for a long time since I didn’t know what to do with it. Then I’d a light bulb moment and realized that I could use it to perk up my flip flops! So my flip flops went…

from mundane…

WP_20120611 8

to oh-so-pretty!!

WP_20120611 9

Don’t you love those?!?! The original flower I had was too big so I made two flowers out of it. In plain words, each flower is made from approximately 1.5 ft of 1.5” wide ribbon. I gathered it and then hot glued the base to a felt piece.

To take my ingenuity one step further, I put velcro on the base of the flower and the flip flop straps!

WP_20120611 10

So let’s say I want to switch colors or the white flower looks dirty, it’s a piece of cake to change the flower!

June 13, 2012

More vinyl…

Here’s another vinyl project I did for our laundry:

WP_20120611 11

It was cut using Cricut and SCAL. The font for “LAUNDRY” is Old English Text MT and the rest is Times New Roman. The ornamental scroll is from a dingbat font that I downloaded. I stretched the LAUNDRY to take up the full 24” inches of width and cut the rest of the text proportionately. I love the end result!

June 11, 2012

Life of a pizza bottle

I used vinyl and etching cream to give a pizza bottle a new life. Here’s the transformation:

WP_000249 WP_000250


I cut out the lettering from vinyl using SCAL and cricut. Adhered the negative of the vinyl to the bottle. Smeared the etch cream all over the exposed glass surface. Followed mfr’s direction on etching. I’d two such bottles so one went to the sugar and the other to the coffee!