Last year I started the tradition of having some crafty goals for myself. You can have a look at them here. Little did I know that setting goals would make so much of a difference! I’m so happy to say that I think I exceeded my expectations!
- I did three craft fairs! It was nowhere on my goals but I guess crafting on a regular basis propelled me to do something bigger and hence the craft fairs! So I’m not going to count whether I did 2 cards per week or not because the total number of items I made for the craft fairs far exceeds the goals I’d set.
- I made a cushion cover without any pattern! I know it was simple but to have that amount of confidence in sewing was an achievement in itself. Then with my mom’s help (or the other way round ) we made a skirt, a dress and a night dress for myself.
- Sometime early last year I decided not to pursue my goal of publishing because I wasn’t much into card magazines then. I'm bending a little towards them now but still not completely. So I’ll keep this on hold till I become a regular reader of some card/craft magazine.
- I’ve been uploading my cards regularly to SCS and my gallery there grew from 5 to 8 pages. Thanks to that habit 5 of my cards were selected as CAS favorites!! It really makes my day when I come to know that one of my cards has been selected as a CAS favorite!
Ok too much gloating now let’s move on to the goals for this year. I don’t know how I’m going to top those of last year
- Make 2 projects/week. I’ll retain this goal as I think by doing this I fire my creativity. Maybe I’ll start something similar to Create Your Own Fridays or re-start that.
- Sewing projects: Instead of setting a frequency I think I’ll list what all I want to make this year.
- Cushion Covers – 4
- Zipper pouches – 4