April 9, 2014

My second quilt


I started this quilt as part of a class that I took at Pacific Fabrics, Bellevue. It was called Pop Art Quilt or something and is made from a jelly roll. I used the Snap Pop fabric from Moda (I think that’s what it’s called). The actual dimensions seemed too small to me so I added 3 borders. The middle border is made from left over scraps. For the innermost and the outermost border I’d to buy some more fabric. Plus some fabric for the backing – I got the 108” wide one so that I didn’t have piece the fabric together. I quilted it too and I must say it was so much easier with my new Pfaff Ambition 1.5. I’m loving that machine! I did not to stitch in the ditch instead stitched along the ditch, at an allowance of 0.25”.

I learnt how to make the sandwich using this video and I would highly recommend it! Its total genius!

I did buy a quarter inch foot since quilting involves so much of quarter inch sewing and it did make my life a whole lot easier! This is the first time I made my own binding and this is the video I referred to. It made me so happy to make my own binding and I must say it came out quite neat!

Can you see the staircase pattern of the colors? The quilt is approx 54” X 60”.

April 2, 2014

Congrats on your new home


One of our close friends recently purchased a new home and I made this card for them. I’d been looking at all the pop up cards popping up (no pun!) made with the Pop up card studio and I wanted to make something on my own. This was also a good time to get familiar with my new electronic cutter – KNK Zing. When I thought of making a card for the new home owners, I thought to myself how nice it would be if I could do a 3D picture of a cute little house, with a big shady tree, a white fence… and that’s how the vision for this card was setup.

Then I started looking around for the perfect house and I found this at Miss Kate’s Cuttables and at 50 cents it was quite a steal! The fence and the tree are cut files from the MTC gallery.

Here’s the front of the card


The letters are cut using Zing.

A few words about the zing – it is absolutely amazing! It took me some time to ramp up but I totally love it now! What I like best is that it cuts the PTI cardstock like butter in just one pass! All the CS above is PTI CS. Look at how well the Zing cut the teeny tiny details in the window! I’ll try to do a full review some time later.

  • Stamps: Impression Obsession Quatrefoil
  • Others: Papertrey Ink CS, Walnut Stain distress ink, KNK Zing.

January 30, 2014

No sew fleece throw


I made this fleece throw for my nephew; it was lot of fun doing it. I used the tutorial from here.

Doesn’t it look adorable? My nephew is very fond of animals so it seemed perfect for him!

I used 1.5 yards fleece each for the front and the back. The fleece is anti-pill, as the name suggests it won’t pill and it was so soft and cozy!

  1. Put your front and back fabrics wrong side together.
  2. Cut 6” squares off the corners.
  3. Using a quilting ruler and a rotary cutter, I cut fringe 6” long and 1” wide.
  4. Then starts the knotting and voila you’re done!

I love how the knots came out. It took me a few knots to get a hang of it and then on they were all uniform.

January 2, 2014

Happy new year!


Wish you all a very happy new year! May the year ahead bring your lots of happiness!

I love this card! It came out just perfect and it’s a single layer card! You know what – I created the word “togetherness” using “together” and “happiness” from the stamp set!

Stamps: Penny black good catch, Waltzingmouse stamps Say it loud.

December 31, 2013

Bird Song collection–Birthday


  • Paper: Graphic 45 Bird Song, Papertrey Ink Cardstock
  • Stampendous birthday wish, Memento ink, Walnut Stain distress ink. Swirls embossing folder.

December 26, 2013

Happy anniversary with sunburst background


I’m so  proud of my sunburst background! I created it using a painter’s tape, distress ink and foam tool. I used a circle as a mask and then sponged the background all over. To create the rays, I took a strip of painter’s tape and kept moving it like a compass till the circle was complete. The sentiment was made using Milo’s ABC and stamped on vellum. The image was colored using distress inks and water brush.

Stamps: Penny Black good catch, Lawn Fawn Milo’s ABC

December 24, 2013

Bird Song collection–Happy birthday to you


  • Paper: Graphic 45 Bird Song, Papertrey Ink Cardstock
  • Stampendous Birthday wish, adhesive pearls, Diamond stickles