August 26, 2008

Fridge magnet - an altered coaster

Some time back, M's was carrying these round coasters 8 for $1 and I couldn't resist that deal. Am I glad that I did :-v

DSC00561

DSC00560

I finished this by giving it a coat of Hard Coat Satin Mod Podge. I wasn't sure if I could Mod Podge over the prismacolor pencils and pigment ink so tried it over a scratch paper and when it worked I crossed my fingers and applied MP all over the coaster in order to water-proof it.
  • Stamp: from image swap, Flourished Words by Flourishes
  • Prismacolor pencils, stickels stardust, Nestabilities, Round coaster, Black Cat Eye's pigment ink

4 comments:

Risa said...

Awwwwww ....what an adorable and sweet magnet!!! I love your image and you have colored it in so beautifully!!

Marlou McAlees said...

Hi there, thank you so much for your kind words :) im loving all these beautiful projects you have been doin, they are gorgeous. I must add you to my blogroll so I wont forget to pop in :) x

Tina said...

What an ingenious idea. With all the coasters I have, I will have to give this a go.
Yours is gorgeous!

Annapurna said...

Cool! So there is modge podge on the top? And it is water proof? I will have to get some of that. Very nice and creative.