February 2, 2009

Faux silk technique and a manly card

This was my first attempt at the faux silk technique.

DSC01733 It was also  based on some sketch challenge but I forgot which one :(. For the paper piercing, I hand drew the design on a translucent paper, put it over the cardstock and pierced it over.

Stamps: Jolies Fleurs by LAD

DSC01747

Here’s my take on a manly card. Most  of my cards are very feminine so I wanted to make something manly. Does it look like it can be given to the men in our life? The outer black frame is popped on dimensionals and the stamped image is clear embossed. I used my gold pen to doodle here and there.

Stamps: Decorative dainties by CTMH

  • Paper: Bazzill, Paper and Co., DCWV, Wasau
  • Anna Griffin black pigment ink, Stazon black ink, sakura red glitter pen, gold pen, metallix eyelets, pop dots, clear EP.

1 comment:

Risa said...

Wow...your manly card is "off the hook" gorgeous! This design is perfect for a male! Great job with the faux silk technique also!
hugs
Risa:)