March 10, 2011

Tuesday Trigger and the journey of a card

I’ve been itching to make a card since I saw this week’s Tuesday Trigger. Especially the colors and the flower – they spoke to me. They were literally begging me to make a card based on them. So how could I disappoint them?!?!

Hence began the journey of a card.

Stop 1: I must make a tissue paper flower – that would look so lovely. An orange one. Oh no!! I don’t have orange tissue paper. Who used all of it?!?!

Stop 2: Never mind. Forget the trigger colors, I’ll make-do with pastel yellow. Flower done. Looks smaller and not as fluffy as it should be.

Stop 3: Make another flower. This time bigger and fluffier. Oops! This is too fluffy for a card – good for home décor but not for a card.

Stop 4: Think, think, think. Ah! The final destination has arrived. Use scallop circle nestabilities to make a flower.

Hence was born the flower on this card.

DSC06085

I cut the layers of the flower using scallop circle nestabilities. Inked the edges using Versacolor inks. Cut the petals.Then curled the petals using a pencil. Glued all the layer together, at the center. Then cut a small circle for the center. Dotted it with liquid pearls (big mistake! always do this step after your card is finished!). Cut the leaves using Cricut at 2.5 inches height. Embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder. Embossed the card using swiss dots embossing folder. Glued the flower and then the leaves to the card. Popped up the ends of the leaves on foam dots. Dressed the petals with Diamond stickles.

A closer view.

DSC06083

  • Stamps: Flourishes Flourished Words
  • Paper: PTI Berry Sorbet, Pine Feather, Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise
  • Others: Cricut, SCAL, Liquid pearls, Stickles Diamond, Gold embossing powder.

3 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

I just love the embossed sentiment on the leaves - what a fabulous idea! Gorgeous card - and I loved reading how it came about :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Smriti! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Lea L. said...

So pretty!! Great job with the Tuesday Trigger challenge!! ♥♥♥