August 11, 2011

Tablecloth and placemat set

I’d been long wanting to make a tablecloth and placemat set – mainly because you get many choices of colors and patterns. The readymade ones are so limited in those terms. Especially the patterns. They just don’t appeal to me. I’d promised my DH quite sometime back that I would make one but wasn’t getting time to start this project. Ultimately I decided that I just had to do it. So here it is:

DSC08160

The tablecloth is made from Amy Butler’s Love collection – I bought the home décor cloth. It’s a little heavier than the regular cloth and I like it for a tablecloth – gives it a fall. I made the tablemats from double sided quilted cloth that I bought from Joann. I bound it using bias tape. Doesn’t it look beautiful?!?!? I was lucky in that I got the perfect color for the mats – there are very few color choices in double sided quilted cloths. As you can see I made 4 placemats and for the center I made kind of like potholders. I absolutely love how it looks! Smile

No comments: