September 22, 2014

Berry sweet

DSC_0007

I’ve been trying to create my own sentiments these days and this is a good example of that. The “berry” word is from one stamp set and the “happy birthday to you” from another. They’re white embossed on vellum.

For the strawberries, I stamped them in distress inks and embossed them with clear embossing powder. After the first embossing while the powder was still hot, I embossed it again with the clear powder to give it more dimension. I think I’m pleased with how it turned out!

DSC_0008

I masked the card panel using masking tape and then stamped herringbone background in weathered wood. Cut a thin strip of red cardstock and added it to the border. Added the sentiment and then popped the strawberries using some foam squares.

  • Stamps: Waltzingmouse berry sweet, Stampendous birthday greetings, impression obsession herringbone background
  • papertey ink cardstock, distress inks, white and clear embossing powder

No comments: