April 21, 2008

Mother's Day Card

It's been a long break. A whole lot of "busy-ness" with a dash of "lazyness" led to no posts :(. And then this project took quite some time for me to create - I wanted to find the right verse, the right font, print it and so on and so forth. A made this "little book" for Mother's Day. You can find the template here and the discussion here. Each page has a line of a poem. A sample is below:

I wanted to wait till Mother's day to post this but I was so excited about this project. It came about just I'd imagined, then this was my first with the Nestabilities and a first the "Jolies Fleur" stamp set and to top it all how can a girl go on without loads of praises for her work :). So here I am!

I printed the verses on the computer in a page-friendly manner. Cut them using a trimmer, dry embossed a border using the scoring blade of a trimmer and decorated each page with some images.

  • Stamp: Lizzie Anne Design's Jolies Fleur
  • Prismacolor pencils and OMS
  • Gold pen, nestabilities.

4 comments:

Risa said...

Hey Smriti!
I love your Mother's Day Card, very unique! I saved the instructions and will practice on some old ugly paper first.:)
Thank you for sharing and your mom is going to luv it!
malieta:)

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, wish I knew about this last month when its was Mother's day in the UK

Marlou McAlees said...

this is absolutely beautiful!!!! lovely to see you back, hope that you are well :) x

Tee said...

Absolutely Fabulous!!
Love the idea..and you seem to have my fav set on my wishlist..

You're mom is one lucky person!!

Tejal