April 23, 2011

Baby Onesie cards

Another shape card. I love designing these cards! Since I’ve received Cricut I can hardly make a card without using Cricut – it has really unleashed my creativity. No longer do I think within the boundaries of the stamp sets I own. If I don’t have an image then I try to create it using Cricut, SCAL and Inkscape. And that adds all the more to the fun. To see your very own creation – something that’s your own right from the conception.

Soon I’m going to do a review of Cricut and SCAL. Considering how much I use them I think it only makes sense that I share my knowledge.

Coming back to the card.

DSC06120

DSC06158

I cut the file so that the card size is about 4.25 X 5 inches. I use Papertrey CS which is quite thick for Cricut. So for simple cuts like above I set the blade at 2, pressure at 3 and speed at 3; and set multi-cut to 2. The colored cardstock was cut using another layer. Stamped the image in versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder. Added a strip of white CS at the bottom along with two white buttons. For the pink onesie, I cut the frills using a scalloped scissors and added them to the card.

Aren’t these the cutest?!?!

You can download the SVG file from here. The file is for personal use only. Please do not sell the file.

  • Stamps: Inkadinkado Baby animals
  • Paper: Papertrey white, Orange Zest, Hibiscus Burst
  • Others: Buttons, White embossing powder, Cricut, SCAL, Heart gun.

1 comment:

Judy McMullen said...

I love your onesie cut file but have not been able to download it at the 4shared link. What do I need to do to download the svg file?