April 21, 2011

Tuesday Trigger–Crepe bouquet

This week’s tuesday trigger inspired me to use the colors as well as flowers.

This card is also inspired by Lisa’s card – it is so cheerful!! And that’s what I wanted – a bright cheerful card to brighten up someone’s day.

DSC06164

The flowers and the grass were cut using Cricut and SCAL. The flower image comes with SCAL, while the grass I found online. I cut a stencil for the cloud – again an image that comes with SCAL. Using this stencil I sponged the cloud in Sky Blue ink. I dotted the stems with a black pen. For the leaves, I hand drew an outline and cut out the stencil. Then sponged the leaves in Fresh Green and added a touch of Green ink. The sentiment is printed using computer. I printed it out on copier paper first and then taped the grass border to the copier paper and printed again. Someday I’ll buy the Grafix rub-on transfer paper and then I don’t have to print twice! Till then this seems to be working out well! I attached buttons to the flower centers. Can you believe it this card does not use any stamp?!?!?

  • Paper: Papertrey Berry Sorbet, Simply Chartreuse. White
  • Others: buttons. Versacolor inks, black pen, Cricut, SCAL, sponge

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!! tfs!!

Tami Grandi said...

this is adorable!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Smriti! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)