May 4, 2011

Tropical fun

I’d been seeing all these cards with rainbows – rainbow of flowers, butterflies etc. I wanted to try one myself because of their clean and bright look. Somehow mine didn’t turn out what I wanted it to be but I still liked it.

DSC06321

I cut an oval in a white card base using oval nestabilities. Then die-cut flowers in 7 different colors using the PTI beautiful blooms II small die. Embossed the flowers with Swiss Dots embossing folder. Glued them to the boundary of the circle so that they were half inside and half outside the circle. Added rhinestone to the center of each flower. Stamped the sentiment on the inside of the card.

It reminds of the plastic hawaiian leis available in Party City. Smile

  • Stamps: Studio G
  • Paper: PTI and others.
  • Others: Brilliance ink, rhinestone, nestabilities, swiss dots embossing folder.

1 comment:

Sheree said...

I think it looks fabulous!! Don't be too hard on yourself... Your projects are always neat to look at! I love these bright colours!
Hugs,
Sheree