Collage stamps intimidate me and hence I’ve none in my stash. So I imitated the look with the stamps I had and I must say that the class is not just stretching my stamps it’s also stretching my creativity! This kind of a card would totally be out of my comfort zone if it were not for the class.
Stamped and embossed the flowers with clear EP. To give the flowers a little distressed look I brushed off some EP before heating it up. Sponged all over the CS with distress inks. Splashed some water on top of it and wiped it off to get those blotches. Did second generation stamping with text background stamp using Walnut Stain; I also removed ink from areas on the background stamp where I knew it would overlap with the flowers. Randomly stamped some sentiments – second and third generation stamping. I used second generation stamping so that the background is subdued. Adhered the SC to the card base. I cut a panel using craft fine and scored a frame around it. Popped it on top of the card. White embossed the sentiment on vellum. Wow – I’ve never used vellum consecutively on two of my cards! So I’m happy that the class is making me use all my supplies!
- Stamps: Hero Arts Blossom Art, WMS Text-it, Hero Arts Frames and messages & Hero Arts Cuckoo (for sentiments)
- Paper: PTI white, vellum
- Others: Distress inks – mustard seed, spiced marmalade, barn door, walnut stain; rhinestones, clear EP.