August 24, 2012

You are a perfect match

Since I took the Stretch Your Stamps class, I’ve started using vellum more and more – which is good. I also think about various ways in which I can use my stamps. For example in the card below the dress for both has been paper pieced from patterned paper that I created using my background stamps! Yes it was a lot of work but totally worth it!

DSC00110

This is my first card with watercoloring using distress inks. I recently got the Koi waterbrush and took it for a test ride on this card. It was a lot of fun! Had to be given that I love to color – I find it very therapeutic, if I may say so. I also used Prismacolor pencils here and there where I didn’t have the right colors in distress inks. Then sponged the sky using Broken china. The sentiment was printed on the computer. Oh and I had to add some stickles because the adhesive on the vellum was showing up Sad smile

  • Stamps: Penny Black good catch
  • Paper: PTI grey and white, Recollections vellum
  • Distress inks various colors, Prismacolor pencils, Koi waterbrush

No comments: