March 30, 2018

More peony bouquet

Mother's day card with Altenew Peony bouquet stamp set

After making the previous card, I wanted to do some more with Peony bouquet. I feel it’s a very versatile set. You can do whatever you want with it – do multi-step stamping or stamp the outlines and color them; color them with copics, pencils or zig clean color markers; emboss them; color with pastel colors or brights. The options are endless for the kind of result that you want. All these options is what made me want to do more with that stamp. Something different every time.

I stamped the flowers and leaves with some masking on watercolor paper. Initially I tried to watercolor using zig clean color markers. So I would wet the area that I was going to color and then drop the color using the markers. The big flower in the center is colored using that. While now I like that look more than the other flowers, when I was coloring it, it didn’t feel so. Also, somehow that kind of coloring wasn’t much fun for me – maybe because I wasn’t liking the results so much. The rest of the flowers I colored in the traditional way where I would color the darkest areas first and then using a watercolor brush spread the color to the lighter areas. I did have a lot of fun doing that! For the leaves I just blended the light green and dark green.

The flowers are covered in glitter using the Wink of Stella pen. The sentiment was cut using Portrait 2 and then covered with Glossy accents. A close look at the glitter and the glossy sentiment. Loved everything about this card ad just perfect for my mom or mom-in-law! I do want to add “love you” above the MOM – probably a handwritten message and then it’s good for either Mother’s day or a birthday card!

41051969592_aff1cdc96b_o

No comments: