April 13, 2018

Foiling technique: Stamp, Copy and foil

Card with foiled damask background and sentiment printed on vellum

I was watching one of the foiling videos on youtube when I had a lightbulb moment! I can create foiled backgrounds using stamp, copy and foil!

What does it mean?

  1. Stamp your background stamp on a sheet of paper.
  2. Use your printer to make a copy of this on a cardstock.
  3. Foil the print on your cardstock!

Isn’t that simple? The best part if you can keep the stamped image as a template and any time you need a background foiled use that to make a copy. That way you don’t have to stamp again and again (not for the same stamp at least). That is what I did – stamped the background stamp on a full cardstock sheet. So now anytime I copy it, I can get two background panels out of it. I did the stamping with my Misti. While printing I chose to use 65 lb paper because that’s easier to use in a laser printer.

I had a lot of fun playing with this! Especially with that beautiful multicolor foil – with pink and gold! It looks so beautiful! I made another one here:

Card with foiled damask background and sentiment printed on vellum


I created the sentiment in inkscape, saved it as an .emf file. Then opened it in Word and printed out multiple copies of it on vellum. The double benefit here is that since these are printed, I can even foil the sentiment on a different card if I want to.

Misti and the mini Minc are two fun tools that I love playing with!

Supplies: Impression obsession damask background stamp, Versafine onyx ink, printer, Heidi Swapp foil, Mini minc, vellum

No comments: