April 20, 2018

More foiling goodness

Birthday card with brown cardstock gold foiled and with floral stamped elements.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with stamp, copy and foil technique! Especially now that I have a template for the damask background, I can keep foiling away (as long as my foil doesn’t run out!).

I realized that so many times I draw my inspiration for colors and color combinations from the Indian sarees. Having done a few foiling with the dual-tone foil, I was thinking of what would be the appropriate color cardstock to use with gold foil. Then my mom’s saree came to my mind – it was brown with some gold design. I thought to myself how beautiful it would look to foil brown cardstock with gold foil (ironic since I never understand why my mom liked a brown colored saree Smile). That is how the background came into being.

The flower and leaf are stamped using distress inks and then outlined with stickles. I felt the shimmery background needed something equally glittery in the foreground. Vellum adds the softness to highlight the floral elements. I’m thankful for the vellum tape!

Supplies: Altenew peony bouquet stamp set, Impression obsession Damask background, Stampendous happy birthday, vellum, stickles, distress inks, Recollections cardstock, Mini minc machie, gold foil.

No comments: