July 16, 2009

CSP124

Yippee! One more challenge done! This card took me a really long time, actually not the card but the image. I’d colored it about a month back but I just wasn’t sure what sentiment to attach with it. First I thought “I’d flip for you” but that didn’t make sense to me, then I found “king of the grill” but that wouldn’t be too useful in my family as we don’t do BBQ…another one that came to my mind - “Have a smoky day”…finally settled on “Lets’ Celebrate”. It seemed universally applicable :).

Oh and I made it for the CPS124 challenge. It appears that I’m into flipping sketches these days!

124

DSC02715How is it for a manly card? I think I’m getting more comfortable making manly cards since I shred my stereotypes that manly cards should be in earthy tones and yadda yadda yadda. The sentiment is embossed with clear EP. Something new that I tried with this card – I didn’t use OMS blending instead I blended using the pencils itself. That brings a bright touch to the coloring.

  • Stamps: from an image swap
  • Paper: DCWV – Taj Mahal paper stack and DCWV CS.
  • Black ink, clear EP, Prismacolor pencils.

No comments: