February 26, 2010

Create Your Own Friday #8 – Stained glass look

I’d been thinking of using my vellum CS for a long time. Such is human nature – last Sept/Oct I bought 2 sheets of vellum CS and I haven’t used even one of them since.  So I was thinking to myself that I’ll look for some inspiration using vellum when the SCS newletter that I received this week had a pointer to this stained glass technique. Albeit beautiful, I wouldn’t say that my result looks like stained glass; it has a frosted look and I’m happy with the way it is. For once I didn’t end up with a mess when trying a new technique.

The image is stamped in pigment ink and then embossed with clear EP. The coloring is done on the reverse with markers.

DSC04577

A more closer look to show the embossing

DSC04580

No comments: