January 9, 2011

Gray is the new black challenge

I haven’t used the gray color for a long long time! I love gray; especially gray, pink and lime green – that’s a fab combo! So when I saw the Moxie Fab Gray is the new black challenge I was onboard with it; especially this picture…

Even though the picture was just for inspiration I wanted to re-create it in my card. So I learnt how to make paper flowers. Yes I hadn’t ever made them because they make the cards hard-to-mail and most of my cards are sent by mail; but I was so mesmerized with this photo that I decided to make an exception here.

DSC05933

The ferns were cut using my cricut. The flowers were made from a 2” circle. The sentiment is embossed with white embossing powder.

A close-up

DSC05934

  • Stamps: Hero Arts Frames and messages
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink
  • White embossing powder, Michaels ribbon, Cricut.

2 comments:

JulieHRR said...

I love that lamp, too!!! Your roses are so perfect! I've never tried to make them yet--you did a great job on them!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Smriti! Thanks for entering the Gray is the New Black challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)