October 4, 2007

Stamping for beginners

I read this article "Stamping on a budget" by Gina K on Craft Critique. I think it's very helpful for all those beginners like me in this area. Initially I didn't realize that this could turn out to be a very expensive hobby and has a never-ending list of to-get-items. However, it was consoling to see that Gina could create such creative cards with limited number of items. I wanted to get the Text Prints stack but unfortunately it was not available at my craft store so I got the "Stack 5" by DCWV; it was on 50% sale so I got it for $9.99!! I think that's quite a bargain considering it's 12X12 stack with 180 sheets. At my pace, it'll probably last a lifetime! I got some assorted card stock also but turned out that they were very thin. I didn't like them. So my piece of advice: beware when you buy the card stock, I think it's better buy from the standard brands like DCWV.

One of the best places to get your supplies is Ebay. You can get used/new stamps at ebay for a very reasonable price and same for card stock or patterned paper. If you can combine shipping for all the stuff that you want to buy then you save on shipping too.

No comments: