January 20, 2010

How to fix/add light to your photos

I often have problems with the lighting in my photos. Most of the times when I take the photo, it’s evening/night and there’s no daylight and when on a holiday when I do take a photo in daytime, we all know how frequent the sun is in this part of the world! So let’s say I *always* have dull light in my photos and I finally found the elixir to my problems – Windows Live Photo Gallery. All I do these days is take a photo in artificial light (a.k.a bulb!) and then “auto-adjust” it in the Photo Gallery. To show you a comparison, first is the original photo and then is the photo after adding light.DSC04496 - Copy

DSC04496

If you would like to use this feature, all you’ve to do is:

  1. Install Windows Live Photo Gallery.
  2. Open WLPG.
  3. Double-click on the photo that you would like to adjust. It will open up in a full window.
  4. Click on the “Fix” menu option at the top of this window. This brings some options on the right sidebar.
  5. Click on “Auto-adjust” on the right sidebar.
  6. Lo and Behold! You’ve a perfect photo ready to be uploaded to your blog/gallery!

No comments: