March 12, 2010

Create Your Own Friday #10 – Take-it-out!

Yes! Take out  that cardstock you’ve been hoarding for the last 6 months (or a year?!?!) or that punch that you haven’t stolen a glance at since you bought it!

The purpose of this CYOF is to bring out of your stash something that you haven’t used since a long time. We all know that we buy our supplies its as if the world would end if we didn’t get them but after they enter our home sweet home, sometimes they disappear into the black hole which is our supplies. So lets take a moment to look at what we have and what we haven’t paid much attention to and give it the much wanted love :)

So I took out of my stash this antique gold cardstock that I bought last September and haven’t used since. Of course before I bought it I always thought that not having it is the biggest hurdle in me not being able to make the most stellar projects! The other thing that hasn’t got much love but is a more recent addition to my family is the swiss dots folder.

However, now that I took them out I think they danced together to create this perfect piece. Have you ever thought that reality could be better than a dream? No? Me too but this card turned out be so much better than I had dreamed. Too much philosophy for a craft blog, eh? :)

DSC04720

It somehow reminds me of a saree – I guess its the shimmer and the elegance of the card!

Supplies: Antique gold CS, Bazzill CS, CTMH Decoratve dainties, gold EP, Oval nestabilities, satin ribbon, sheer ribbon, rhinestone.

No comments: