March 19, 2010

Create Your Own Friday #11 – Vellum

I saw this card on Nichole Heady’s blog and knew what I wanted to try next. These CYOFs have been so much fun – every week I look for something new/different to try. It could be a new technique or new use of existing material or doing something that I haven’t done for a while. Puts the creative part of me to good exercise!

I really like the soft frosty look that vellum gives to a card and it was on my wish list to make a really soft, elegant card. I was thinking of making such a card with the vellum - one doesn’t fit the bill entirely but I like it the way it turned out :). And I think adding that sentiment added that special elegance to it! Just love this card :) (Photo doesn’t do it justice, it looks way better IRL)

DSC04737

Supplies: Flourishes flourished words stamp set, Wasau CS, Vellum, Versacolor inks, grosgrain ribbon, prima flowers, rhinestone.

1 comment:

Smita said...

Nice blog, Smriti. Are you in India?
Do drop by my blog sometime..

Smita