March 5, 2010

Create Your Own Friday #9 – Tutorial for the Buggy

A number of you asked me for a tutorial for the buggy that I made some time back. I’m sorry I couldn’t get to it sooner than this -  you know how life goes! Anyway so I’ve done my best to capture all details but feel free to ask me questions if I’ve left out anything.

We need:

Cardstock of your choice – I’ve found that it is easier to make this with a less heavy cardstock. My first try was with a 90 lb CS and it was difficult to fold it. In this tutorial I used DCWV CS which as we all know is not that thick and that made it easier to make this.

Circle Nestabilities (or any other circle cutting tool of your choice or use this template)

Glue, scissors

  1. I used the Large Circle nestabilities die. Take the largest circle in that and cut 2 circles from your cardstock. Take the second smallest circle and cut 4 circles.
  2. I’ve shown the cut circles on my cutting mat if you want to get an idea of the size of the circles. Now take the bigger circle and cut quarter of a circle from it. Also flatten the base by cutting off a portion of the base as shown below.DSC04604
  3. Cut a strip of cardstock 2.75 inches X 9 inches. Score it 0.5 inch on each side of the shorter side as shown below. The half inch borders will used to stick it to the circle and the 1.75 inch will be the width of the buggy.DSC04605
  4. Cut fringes on the half inch borders. DSC04606
  5. Apply glue to one of the fringes.DSC04607
  6. Now is the most difficult part of the this tutorial. Glue the strip to one of the bigger circles. Start from one end and keep curving the strip of paper to align with the boundary of the circle.DSC04608
  7. Finish off the buggy. There might be extra strip left over, cut it off.DSC04609
  8. Stick the wheels. You may want to use lightly glue them and see if their positions are correct and your buggy is balanced. If yes, then you can glue it well.DSC04610
  9. In the original buggy that I made, I hid the ugly insides by lining it with cardstock. You can use the same template as above to cut out the lining and stick it inside.

If you make one, then do leave me a link here and I would love to see it :)!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Thank you so much for the tutorial. I have been searching everywhere trying to find one for these.

asmita said...

hey this is too good. thanx for sharing.

Spardha said...

WOW!.. thanks so much for such a fab tutorial! :D