March 23, 2018

Bleached look with distress inks

Happy birthday card with bleached look using distress inks

I saw this video from Jennifer McGuire where she used distress oxide inks and created the bleached look by drawing away some color using a water brush. Since I didn’t have distress oxide inks, I thought why not try it with regular distress inks as they too react with water. I first embossed the images in gold and then sponged with distress inks. Using a water brush I then brushed all the insides of the images, absorbing the color using a paper towel. The sentiment is embossed in black.

Supplies: Altenew Peony Bouquet, Hero Arts Birthday cling stamp, Gold embossing powder, neenah solar white cardstock, versafine black onyx ink, versamark embossing ink, Distress inks – Spiced Marmalade, Pickled raspberry and Dusty concord.

No comments: